Permit to Work Specialist (LOTO)FieldCore People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria
The Permit to Work Specialist I is responsible for supporting the management of the proper application of the Permit to Work System on site according the instructions from the Commissioning Lead / Manager or EHS Manager. Has full understanding of complete complex projects and significant experience in specific and/or specialized Permit to Work Commissioning and Construction projects
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing the proper application of the Permit to Work System on site according the instructions from the COMM/EHS safety Manager.
- Being the focal point for administration and co-ordination of all permits.
- Providing a quality check on the correct completion of permits and certificates prior to issue ensuring all the necessary signatures have been obtained.
- Ensures that all the precautions have been taken and put in place before the job, during the job and after the job to ensure safe work conditions.
- Permanently follows up the progress of the systems turned over from construction to commissioning, which will fall then under the PTW system.
- Ensure the coordination with the customer PTW system, if applicable.
- Ensures that the Permit to Work Management and safety guidelines satisfy the local rules and regulations.
- Ensures that all people nominated by the COMM/SIM/IM or OIM are trained to an appropriate level in the commissioning safety rules (PTW-Management) according to their function on site. At the end of the training, a test must be passed by all attendees of the training.
- Ensures strict implementation of PTW Management and safety rules.
- Feedback to EHS (PTW Management) any lessons learned during the operation of the PTW system.
- Report company and contractor none compliances immediately to prevent accidents.
- In the PTW issuing process, he/she receives the PTW requests, requests Hazard Identification from the Responsible Engineers, updates the Index Log, applies the isolations and tags according to the instructions from the Responsible Engineers and places the keys in the Lock -Box. He/she puts the PTW form (signed by himself/herself and also from the PTW holder) into the Lock-Box and locks the Lock-Box. He/she monitors any changes that could affect work in progress and re-calls and re-issues PTW as required.
- In the PTW Clearance and Cancellation process, he/she receives notifications from PTW holders when they finished their works and informs the Responsible Engineers accordingly, he/she releases the keys controlling the isolation points, removes locks and tags from isolation points and cancels the PTW and updates Index Log entry.
- In the Access Permit Process, he/she has similar responsibilities as described in the PTW issuing and canceling process, as far as applicable.
- Organizes and manages a filing system for the PTW documents.
- Organizes the PTW equipment in the site office (locks, tags, forms, key-system, etc.)
- Gives advices, when required, to the Responsible Engineers for a Hazard Identification or Risk Assessment and ensure appropriate circulation of such Risk Assessment forms.
- In case of a PTW audit, he/she assists the Auditor in reviewing the compliance with the PTW procedure and implements identified corrective actions, within the timescale agreed with the auditor.
- Collects information about all cross-boundary interfaces between GE and external scope.
- Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments
- Travel may be required
- May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization’s core values.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- University degree in Engineering or higher qualification
- 3+ years of experiences working with Mechanical Systems in related industries preferred
- Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required.
- Able to connect and communicate across all level of site personnel and internal colleagues/stakeholders.
- Fluent and proficient in both spoken and written English
- Introductory level. Most new hires with little experience on the GE Product will start in this level. Participates in on the job training.
- Working knowledge and application of EHS rules.
- Prior project management experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation and oil & gas industries. We have brought together more than 12,000 of the foremost experts in field services to focus on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. As a global organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integrity and quality, and focused by our guiding principles. For more information visit our website www.fieldcore.com.
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law
Attention - ne fournissez jamais d'informations sur votre compte bancaire ou votre carte de crédit quand vous postulez à un emploi. Ne transférez pas d'argent. Si vous constatez quelque chose de suspect, signalez l'annonce via ce lien.