Purchasing Agent IIFieldCore People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria
The Purchasing Agent II is responsible for supporting the efforts of the Sourcing Department in specific regions to ensure a continuous supply of needed materials, supplies and services at the minimum investment. Will be responsible for sourcing commodities and services, understanding and communicating commodity markets, developing suppliers as well as promoting good interdepartmental relationships. Responsible for Sourcing specific value stream-related commodities and services that are complex, high dollar value or company/customer designed to support Operations and related departments. Will lead purchasing process improvement teams, provide guidance and alternatives to Buyer and drive key metrics in the Sourcing department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Negotiate terms and conditions for all assigned regions including long term contracts
- Draft terms for review by the Sourcing Manager
- Identify areas of potential organizational vulnerability either financially or in manufacturing and offer recommendations for improvement
- Lead cost reduction/savings program for assigned commodities
- Develop and maintain metrics and counter measures
- Maintain supplier base by identifying and including optimum number of suppliers
- Lead and conduct supplier site visits.
- Coordinate departmental supplier evaluation program
- Participate in new product launch initiatives including the sourcing of new materials and the search for new suppliers
- Coordinate efforts of Sourcing team on special projects as assigned
- Provide training and assistance to Purchasing Agents and other team members to assist with buying objectives
- Initiate and maintain good supplier relations; expedite deliveries as necessary; involve engineering for discussion and approval of alternative methods or materials if delivery is not available when required
- Work collaboratively with other internal departments such as Accounting, Marketing, Project Management, and Operations to ensure there is an adequate flow of information concerning progress of materials, services, etc.
- Develop, track, and execute the plans for cross-functional supply chain related projects
- Closely monitor all assigned projects and take appropriate action to ensure their successful completion
- Report project progress to Sourcing Manager and team members as appropriate
- Plan, execute, and track progress for special assignments involving key measurables for the Sourcing department (such as action plans, inventory reduction, supplier evaluations, cost reduction initiatives, training, forecasting, etc.)
- Lead coordinated efforts to ensure root cause and corrective actions are identified and implemented to eliminate any Operations related work stoppage
- Advise management of ways to continuously improve the quality of the process or methods employed in the day-to-day activities of the position, department or company, and participate in their implementation
- Travel may be required
- May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization’s core values.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Management, Business Administration, or equivalent
- 7+ purchasing experience in a project management environment
- 2+ years of specialized/industry experience
- English proficiency required
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures, including vendor qualification and performance monitoring
- Advanced computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office and MRP / ERP systems
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational and analytical skills
- Skillful in establishing and maintaining working relationships with departments and suppliers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently and with time constraints
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and creative thought processing skills
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success with cost reductions
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to lead a cross functional team and achieve desired results
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation and oil & gas industries. We have brought together more than 12,000 of the foremost experts in field services to focus on one thing; delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. As a global organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integrity and quality, and focused by our guiding principles. For more information visit our website www.fieldcore.com.
FieldCore is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law
Attention - ne fournissez jamais d'informations sur votre compte bancaire ou votre carte de crédit quand vous postulez à un emploi. Ne transférez pas d'argent. Si vous constatez quelque chose de suspect, signalez l'annonce via ce lien.